New York City College of Technology
Robotics & Intelligent Systems Laboratory
City Tech Robotics Club is a student association operated by City Tech undergraduate students under the guidance of faculty advisors from City Tech Robotics Research Lab. The club hosts various events and conducts a broad range of student projects through the semesters.
The Club welcomes everyone from the entire City Tech community to join, regardless his or her major. Please contact Dr. Li (firstname.lastname@example.org) on how to join the club.
Computer Engineering & Robotics Technology Seminar Series
The Computer Engineering & Robotics Technology Seminar Series, formerly known as "Robotics Technology Seminar Series", are organized and hosted by City Tech Robotics Research Lab with City Tech Robotics Club and City Tech ACM Chapter every semester. The seminar series feature technology and research presentation or demonstration by invited fellows from industries and academia in the fields of, including but not limited to, pervasive computing, embedded systems, robotics, applied control systems, wireless communication, computer networking, computer vision, VLSI and signal processing.
These seminars will provide students with unique opportunities to be exposed to the emerging and leading technologies in the broad areas of computer, electronics, electrical, and software engineering and technologies.
The location and time of the seminar will be announced here.
• "Leveraging IoT in Medical Device Startups" by Jared Schwartzentruber (co-founder of Quio), Feb. 21, 2019, 12:30~1:30PM, in room V615. Mr. Schawartzentruber is the co-founder and head of Hardware of QuiO (http://www.quio.com/). QuiO is a connected therapeutics company that improves clinical trials and disease management through remote monitoring of home injections. Flyer is here.
• 2018 Tech Expo -- CET/EMT Student Research Projects Demonstration & Exhibition , Department of Computer Engineering Technology, NYCCT/CUNY, Voorhees Hall, 6th FL, December 4, 2018 (Tuesday), 11AM~6PM.
• "Technology and Disruptions" by Remko De Nikker from IBM (https://developer.ibm.com/code/advocates/remko-de-knikker/, https://twitter.com/remkohdev), October 5, 2017 (Thursday), 12:30~1:30PM, in room V615.
• "Big Data Analytics and its Applicaitons in Business" by Dr. Hyoung S. Shim from College of Staten Island/CUNY (http://www.csi.cuny.edu/faculty/school_of_business/SHIM_HYOUNG_SUK.html) on May 4, 2017 (Thursday), 12:45~1:45PM, in room V615.
• "Swarm Robotics and NASA's Use of Crowdsourcing of Technology", Thursday, Nov.3, 2016, 12:30~1:30PM, at room V615, by Daniel Phelps (Associate Professor, York College).
Perspective on Robotics: Past, Present, & Future", Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 7 ~ 8:30PM, at Voorhees
Theater, by Dr. Henrik I. Christensen (Director of the Institute
for Robotics & Intelligent Machinese, Georgia Institute of
Technology), Atlanta, GA, hosted by NYCCT and the National
Endowment for the Humanities Cultural History of Digital
• "Board Mayhem! Making with Microcomputer for the Internet of Things", November 5, 2015 (Thursday), 12:30~1:30PM, at Room V615, by Charles Hamilton, HudsonWerks LLC (http://www.hudsonwerks.com), New York NY.
• "NYI: Data Center Explained",
May 12, 2015 (Tuesday), 12:30~1:30PM,
at Room V615, by Chris Cable and Ryan Kennedy, NYI (http://www.nyi.net),
New York NY.
Map Building in Indoor Environments", April 28, 2011,
12:30~1:30PM, at room V610, by Dr. Ravi Kaushik from PRISM
Research Center, City College of New York, New York NY.
Control System Design in Automotive Applications", May
12, 2011, 12:30~1:30PM, at Atrium Amphitheater, by Dr. Z. Cai
from Caterpillar Inc., Peoria IL.
|Last Update: Feb. 3, 2019|